I have tried it and it's almost as fast as that of Smart. I used an N70/6230 and a laptop.
What you will need:
1. Cellphone with Modem installed like N70, N82 as long as there's a modem options
2. Globe Sim card with at least P10 load.
Enable your GPRS. If you don't have the setting request for it by typing SET N70 and send to 2395. Once you have the configurations, Send TIME to 1111. The default setting is per kb browsing and we don't want that. Remember that you can only switch from kb>time>kb setting 3 times each day.
3. PC Suite suitable for your phone's model installed in your PC or laptop.
4. Data cable for your phone to connect to your laptop. You can buy it in CD-R king for only 60 pesos
How it's done:
1. Make sure that you have a stable signal. 3G signal is not necessary.
2. Connect your cellphone to your computer using the data cable. PC Suite will automatically pop-up telling you that your phone is detected and it will show you the PC Suite menu.
3. Click the Connect to the internet Icon, the 3rd icon first row of icons.
4. A window will tell you that it automatically connects, you should cancel that and make click settings in that window.
5. Choose your phone model as your modem and click next.
6. Choose Globe Philippines from the service provider drop-down dialogue box.
7. Click done/Finish and it will now connect through your phone's modem using Globe philippines as service provider.
Note: after every 15 mins, you will be charged another P5. so watchout for your time if you want to save money.. Once done, you can revert back to kb browsing if you prefer it to use in your fone. Type KB and send to 1111. Watch out for my future post on how to browse unlimited for Free!
You may also want to read:
Browse the Net for Free with Your CP as Modem
RSS Feeds my future posts!