Indicate the following on your request:
1. Name for your settings (i.e. Globe Proxy, Smart None, anything and should be a different name from those you already have in your phone)
3. Proxy address
If you don't know if your phone need this, check out the list of S40 phones. Choose your proxies from here if you haven't got one (only those with 8080 and 80 ports).
Note to Foreign readers, you can also have your request just follow my instructions above.
How to install:
1. Download your requested prov file, unzip it, then send it to your phone via infrared or bluetooth. DON'T just copy paste the file to your memory card, it wont't work. If your PC doesn't have bluetooth or infra, you can ask someone who has a bluetooth/Infra phone and copy-paste the file in his memory card. Then, SEND the file to your phone via BT/IR and make sure that it ask for saving the file. Press Yes and ignore the "no supported applications" notice.
2. In your phone, go to Settings>Configuration>Choose Smart Prepaid or Globe Prepaid (your network).
3. Go to Activate Default in All Apps>Select Yes. Choose the name of the prov file you just installed and that's it.
3. Run your applications and they will surely work. If you have many applications with different needed proxies, you have to activate the necessary proxy settings each time you open them. If you haven't requested from Globe/Smart the default GPRS settings, Globe Smart download and install them.
To start with, I had created the usually sought settings (just click and download):
-No proxy for Globe Smart
-Working proxy as of May 17: Globe Smart
Use the comment form for your request. I will only e-mail files when I have time.
Thanks to www.thinkdigit.com and hotshot05.page.tl where I found the softwares and tutorial on how to make your own prov files.
Like this post? Subscribe or Bookmark my posts!