If you want to familiarize yourself with the specifications of Cherry Mobile Fusion Bolt, click here.
Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk. I am not responsible if something bad happen in your tablet. But I can assure you that I already done this many times and found success every time. If you encountered problem, just post here and we'll see if we can help. Updated: September 9, 2014
1. Before doing anything, back-up the files in your device first! This step is very crucial as you might lose your data and files in the process.
2. Charge your tablet to at least 75% battery because we don't want to be interrupted during the process and have a bricked tablet in the end.
3. Turn-on the debugging mode in your tablet. To do this, go to Settings--Developer Option--Put a check mark in the "USB Debugging"
3. Download the Pad Product Tool 1.02 (New Version 1.05 here for newer ROMs) and install it in your computer. This will serve as the flashing tool. To install, unzip, open folder, double click setup.exe and allow admin privileges if asked. It will give a warning about an untrusted/unknown software, just click "Install this driver software anyway". You will now have a Tablet Product Tool software in your Programs. Make a shortcut key of this program for easy access in your desktop.
4. Download your preferred firmware/ROM. Always remember in choosing your ROM, performance boost will mean less battery usage time. Extract the zipped file in your computer. Existing ROMs
Novo Venus Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 - Stable with working HDMI
Novo Venus Stock Jellybean 4.2.2 - with HDMI fix
Novo Venus Stock Jellybean 4.2.2 - Final Build
Novo Venus Stock Jellybean 4.2.2 - 2014 Update. Faster version.
Modded ROMs by Developers
Firomi V3.2 with HDMI Support 4.2.2 Base - Newer version of FW developed by Firomi with Antutu 15+ and in a more stable version than the previous ones. HDMI and GP issues are now fixed.
Firomi V3.1 with 4.2.2 Base - Another version of Firomi FW with options to run without RAM tweaks.
Firomi V2 with HDMI Support 4.2.2 Base -This is created by Firomi with Antutu score of 13k+ with Irbis Tweak app that can let you manage your GPU, CPU and HDMI. For known issue of force close of Irbis for Venus 7 Lite or Fusion Bolt, download this fix and extract to SDcard/IrbisTweak/ folder.
Venexus 6.1 Clear with Firomi Tweaks 4.2.2 Base - improved version of Venexus 6 by Olegulas as tweaked by Firomi. With newer kernel for gamers, 1024 RAM support, memory partition in 2.5GB, and optimized init.d, TWRP recovery. Needs this Music fix to flash in recovery mode.
Venexus by olegulas 1.1 Stable 4.1.1 Base - minimalist and snappy performance. Needs this Update to flash through CWM after upgrade.
Venexus by olegulas V3.5 Base 4.2.2 Topspeed + Crossbreeder+ Battery design - With added tweaks like battery design, TWRP recovery and crossbreeder, needs to flash update.zip through TWRP after upgrade.
V5.5-VN 4.1.1 Topspeed by Xuantut - Developed by xuantut with Nexus 7 interface. It has overclocked CPU in maximum. No need to add tweaks because it might overtweaked your device. Only Greenify app is advised for add-on.
V6-VN build 4.1.1 Topspeed by Xuantut- Developed by xuantut with Nexus 7 interface. It has overclocked CPU in maximum. No need to add tweaks because it might overtweaked your device. Only Greenify app is advised for add-on.
5. USB cable of your tablet.
6. A working PC or laptop (Win7, Win 8, etc)
1. Perform the above-mentioned requirements.
2. Turn-off your Fusion Bolt/Venus 7.
3. Connect the USB cable from your tablet to your PC/Laptop. You will see the battery indicator as charging. Hold the volume + until you hear a buzz from your laptop that it detected a USB device. You can see an "Installing device" notice. After this, look for the Pad Product tool folder--Driver--Double click AdfuWinUsb.inf. Then a warning will pop-up and select "Install this driver software anyway".
4. Run the Tablet Product Tool (Developer Edition) from your desktop. Click the two arrow blue icon at the bottom, and select the firmware that you want to flash (for instance, jellybean_atm7029_7_a_130507.fw). Look at the right side panel, all should have a check mark EXCEPT: Automation, Data_Bak Partition, MNT_Media Partition, Vendor_App Partition, and Copy_to_Udisk Partition.
5. Click "IMAGE" button in:Recovery Partition and Select the rec.img in your firmware folder
MISC Partition and Select the misc.img in your firmware folder
Recovery Partition and Select the rec.img in your firmware folder
SYSTEM Partition and Select system.img in your firmware folder.
Before proceeding to the next step, make sure you have the same window as mine here:
7. Wait for about 2-3 minutes and if finished, the green progress bar will be blue saying "[A] Successful". Congratulations, you now upgraded/downgraded your firmware!
8. Unplug your device from the computer and turn it on by holding the power button for about 10 seconds. Wait for the boot screen. The language may be in Chinese, Vietnamese or Russian depending on the firmware that you had flashed. To make it in English, Go to Settings--Select the one with "A"--Select the first option-- Choose English in the list.
9. For customized firmwares like Olegulas', Firomi's and Xuantut's, you will need to flash the add-ons that come with it via CWM or TWRP after the full flash of FW.
10. Optional: You may want to update the ClockWordMod (CWM) Recovery of your new ROM, go here.
To root your device, go here.
To fix HDMI issue of your FuBo or Venus 7, go here.
Enjoy your updated firmware!
Flashing is stuck at some % and cannot continue. Solution: Press vol + and power button simultaneously while your tablet is connected to your laptop/desktop. You will hear a beep sound as if a new USB has been plugged. Redo the installation as indicated in the procedure above.
Xuantut, Olegulas, Firomi, CXZ
Like this post? Don't Forget to Share this Post.
Let me know what you think, use the comment form below.