Your Huawei E586E or E5220 MobileWifi
SmartBro SIM (or SunCell SIM)
Copy the IMEI and Model No. of your MobileWifi (they are found at the back of your device after removing the battery)
|Huawei E586E MobileWifi Device|
1. Generate the Unlock Code (New Algo) from HERE. The instructions on using the page is found HERE. The guide is very comprehensive and easy to follow as pictures are provided in it. Remember to copy the NEW Algo digits in the result.
2. Now that you have the Unlock Code (New Algo), turn off your MobileWifi and insert the SmartBro or SunCellular SIM. Turn it ON and an INVALID SIM notice will be displayed in interface.
3. Connect your device to your PC/Laptop via the USB port.
4. Open your internet browser and go to http://192.168.1.1/
5. It's either your MobileWifi will immediately ask for the 8-digit unlock code (new algo) or you will land to your device's dashboard. If the latter, you will need to log-in to your MobileWifi Dashboard and then enter the 8-digit unlock code. See image below:
7. You will need to manually configure the APN Setting of your new network before you can start browsing. This can be done in your device dashboard, go to Settings} Profile Management} Select New Profile and enter the following details:
Profile Name - anything you want
APN - Select Static and type internet in the field
Then Click Save.
Select Mobile Connection and select the profile name you have created above in the dropdown menu. Click Apply.
8. Start surfing the internet with your new network! Your network data charges will apply.
Like this post? Don't Forget to Share this Post.
Let me know what you think, use the comment form below.